Friday, February 5, 2010

Next Steps

Well, here it is a week later and what have I accomplished? NOTHING! A big fat nothing!

I guess that's not entirely true but...It feels like it! Arghh!

Okay, I got the layout started for the "Thank You" to Tim Horton's for sponsoring  my son's curling club. I put the pictures on a disk for the club to promote the "Little Rocks" curling program. Kids 8 - 13.

Pretty cool really. Tim Horton's gave them tickets to "Roar of the Rings" (Olympic Qualifiers) and matching turtle necks and fleece vests. Tim's also provided new brooms and sliders for the kids at the club. So any way, they (the kids) approved the layout and I'll put it together and they can all sign the page. Maybe Tim's will frame it and hang it in an office somewhere. At least it shows the kids really appreciate the sponsorship. The kids say "Curling Rocks!" One of my son's jr. coaches (14 years old) curls on more than one team and is going to the provincial's on the same team as one of our cousins. So curling seems to have some young up and comers. My son's team is going to their second bonspeil in a couple of weeks. Last year they took the silver medal and came home with more than it cost to enter. Gotta love it! :)

FYI: Yes, you can get Curling themed scrapbook paper and stamps. Made in Camrose, Alberta. "Scapbooking Heaven" http://www.myscrapbookingheaven.com/ They have very cool acrylic stamps including provincial theme stamp sets like "Alberta" including hay bales, horses, oil derricks, buffalos etc. Yes, they have Newfoundland too.Very good quality and great to work with too.


Ohh! There's the first tip/review, I almost missied it! LOL!

So, our schedule has changed and now I have more courses to prep for than expected and my son and I have been fighting a nasty cold for a week so Blah! Less progress. "Dad" decided we should visit him while he's on the road so we hit the road in the morning to visit him and stay at the hotel with the... now wait for it...every kids dream...A WATER SLIDE! Yay, there's a hot tub for me.

I'm going to take some of the MANY card kits I've acquired over the last year or so and see if I can get 3 cards done. One thank you card (Curling Coach) and Two Valentine's cards (for my boys). Do you think I'm over reaching?? Over extending myself?? Let's hope not!

I'm going to take some pictures of all the packages. YES, they're still in the boxes what did you think, I had EVERYthing put away? LOL!  Then you'll believe the mountain I'm about to climb.

More news later.

No comments:

Post a Comment